Monday, April 11, 2011

Just what we need...

My goal is to post my progress as a Tie Dyer this year. I intend to post both text and pictures describing my efforts in the Art and Craft of hand dying items for daily use.

I subscribe to a number of internet groups that share experiences with dye and the experimentation they do. I have learned much from them and hope that newbie tie dyers may benefit from my addition to the glut of information.

This started as a 'what have I gotten myself into' project 20 plus years ago. I had volunteered at a summer camp for middle schoolers and was asked to 'organize' crafts projects to include tie dye. It has evoloved into a portable tie dye studio that I take various places for fun and what amounted to a small profit to be reported on last years taxes.

Taken a step further, I produced items for a local arts center holiday fair by buying items at thrift shops to dye. I have been invited back to that show this year and will share my adventures in reusing items cast away by others.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, De! I have been lucky enough to belong to a few tie-dye forums and have been given a lot of help and inspiration, which resulted in my blogs to pay it forward. I'm glad to see you are doing the same! I will add you to my faves and look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete